Thursday, August 13, 2009

First Post Jitters

It's an interesting thing blogging and beginning what you hope will be a long legacy of ramblings is no easy feat.

I've toyed with the idea of just starting out as if this blog had been in existence for years, which of course it hasn't, but that seemed too presumptuous.

So, why am I writing this blog? Well, because I love all things to do with food. I love eating it, cooking it and most of all, talking about it.

Every trip I take revolves around food. While most people are researching the must-see relics of their destination, I am pages deep in an internet search to find the places I have to try. I spend many vacations stuffed to the gills, but with very happy tastebuds.

Cooking for me is the most salient source of therapy...I lose my self in the creative mingling of ingredients, using cookbooks only for inspiration and gettin' just a little crazy with flavor combinations. Some work out well, some not so much. But it's all about the anticipation.

I used to be a food writer for the local paper here in Santa Barbara - the Santa Barbara Newspress, but the paper itself is not doing so hot and so I pulled my chute. As naturally follows, I miss writing about tasty morsels and the processes that create them, so here I am.

If you like my food-inclined stories then I am a happy girl, Buddha belly and all.

So, bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment